Saturday 17 May 2008

The Lake District is fabulous (part 1)

Daddy said I would enjoy it and I did! I have learned to swim and Daddy can't keep me out of the water. I climbed three peaks - Beacon Fell (twice), Brockbarrow and Lingmoor and I walked from Skelwith Bridge to Elterwater and back. I could have done a lot more but apparently this would be bad for my joints and bones at my age. (The only downside is the number of ticks I got - yuck!) I can't wait to go back again. As soon as I arrived home, I jumped into the pond!

Here are some pictures of my exploits.

Estuary at Greenodd
Beacon Tarn
Beacon Fell
Walna Scar road and Goat's Water

What's going on outside?
Bardsea
Coniston Water
Where do I get my energy from?
Blea Tarn and Lingmoor Fell (my first Wainwright!)
Coniston Water from Brockbarrow
Sour Milk Gill & Easedale Tarn
River Brathay

2 comments:

Niamh said...

Swimming is great fun. You look like you are having a terrific time.

Your friend,
Niamh

Alastair said...

what a wonderful day!